12 julio 2009

crepúsculo

About a month ago I ran into a friend coming out of a bookstore close to my house after he had just bought a book. He later told me he was embarrassed to be caught buying the last in the series of the Twilight books, not anything he wanted to publicize, which I found humorous. I was surprised that he was reading them and that he said the movie was really good - it looked to me like a teenage flick that would just be okay. My friend said it was actually really good and that he thought i'd like both the movie and the books. I had been looking for a new book to read so, a few days later, I watched the movie and soon after bought the first book (i could have just borrowed them from dave other than the fact that he read them in english and somehow it's been easier to read in spanish these days, just so i don't have to change languages as much).

I have to say the first book is so far the best and then the third (which i will soon finish). Granted I'm reading a translation, so some of it might be lost, but they're good books. They're mainly about relationships, but are made more interesting by adding the reality of the main relationship being between a normal girl and a vampire. And, they are fairly quick reads, but all around pretty good books. And I thought it was funny that my sister just finished reading them as well. So, if you need a light good read for the summer, here you go.

No hay comentarios: