03 agosto 2006

Chi-town


Chicago, the windy city, and in August the steamy hot city. So, about a week ago I got a call from the Spanish consulate to say that my visa was ready to pick up.

This is amazing on two counts, one because this is the Spanish consulate, the land where things don’t necessarily happen as quickly or as they “should.” But in this case they did, two months after applying for a visa, I was able to pick it up. Praise the Lord! It’s definitely been something on my mind.

So, up on Monday and back on Wednesday (today). Trains, metros, city living, lots of people, Spanish while not the first language, definitely the second. It feels much like Madrid to me. In fact, after coming out of the subway at one point, I honestly felt like I had time warped back to Madrid. I guess you could say I’m a bit homesick and ready to be back at a home, a city that has become mine.

No hay comentarios: