So, as we were sitting in "Sandwiches & Friends" (that was really the name) in Barcelona and as the clock began to near midnight, someone at our table asked what our wish for the New Year was. At first, to be honest, I thought it was a cheesy question, but in hindsight it got me thinking and for one of the few years I actually have a few "new year's resolutions" (Since I greatly dislike both clichés and cheesiness, I don't like to dub them "new year's resolutions." But since that is what they are, I leave the title.) and noche vieja (new year's eve) wishes.(1) To really build a campus ministry that is self-sustaining, healthy, growing, and that really is reflecting Jesus to the campuses, students, and broader city of Madrid. (In process)
(2) To get back into good running shape so that I can run another marathon this year (and improve my time - i'd love to do it in the 3 hours that a friend did). It kind of goes without saying, but with this to run pretty much daily. (Also in process)
(3) Hmm... I know I had a third one, but can't think of it right now. Not a good sign... Okay, just found the list. There are several others...
(3) To grow in compassion, in prayer, in sharing my faith, and in loving people
and the "others" are more specifics on the above 3, more or less. (And a silly, but helpful one, is to try to read one book at a time, so I actually finish them, instead of the 4-10 I have been trying to read simultaneously, sometimes successfully and sometimes getting halfway through all of them and finishing near to none of them.)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario