14 junio 2009

Summer is here!!! This weekend has been great. Friday I had a birthday party and while I was more concerned about the food, which was quite tasty (actually fairly incredible), and just wanted people to come, I also got some fun presents. Saturday I got up late, since people left my apartment around 3am, went running with Maria (my marathon friend), we jumped in her apartment complex's pool (which had just opened) and felt great after running in 38ºC weather (100ºF), and had a nice summery lunch of gazpacho, salad and fresh fruit. When I returned home, my roommate Chery and I finished off the lemon sorbet we'd made for my bday party, which I have to say was incredible. Last night I went to my best friend Ruth's house for part 2 of my bday party, with her daughter and some friends. They made a "cake" out of fruit - watermelon, kiwi, and strawberries. And we just had a fun time talking, laughing, dancing, and just hanging out til the wee hours of the morning. I am so blessed! And I feel very loved. One of my favorite parts of last night was when Elia (her daughter) came over to me and threw homemade confetti all over the place. :-) And there was a thunderstorm last night, which is also fun. It only lasted a couple hours and was before we went to sleep, but fun. I am now trying to get some work done, but completely exhausted.

No hay comentarios: