04 noviembre 2009

some perspective on life

A friend recently reminded me: "You can't ask for strength for tomorrow, you can only ask for strength for today. Matthew 6 tells us how we can't bother worrying about tomorrow - how we only get enough grace for one day at a time, we have only our bright hope for tomorrow."

Today as I looked at a few things that are very much out of my control and hands and felt completely overwhelmed, angry, and frustrated, I then thought, "Hey, wait. If you have no control over this, why are you so stressed out by it. You can't control it, you just have to both trust that the Lord will be with you, whatever may happen, and that He will give you grace for now and for the future." My friend's words came to mind and 99% of the stress I felt moments ago has dissipated. Everything is back in perspective.

Ironically I read Psalm 121 and yet hours later had forgotten some of the simple truths there which were exactly what I needed to remember. :-)

No hay comentarios: