10 mayo 2011

change... transition... change...

Uf... I'm in major transition mode. And days like today it affects me more than others. God-willing my car will be sold in just a couple of days, but it's driving me nuts waiting and trusting. I not, I'll have to pay for insurance, since it runs out next monday.

Be still and know that I am God.

My best friend just got married last weekend and I feel like it's affecting me as much as it is here 7 year old daughter. I am VERY excited and happy for them, but it marks another change and the end of another season of life. Normally this wouldn't affect me, but right now it adds to the panic of leaving known, good things behind for a future very unknown but that I trust to be good, because it's been the Lord orchestrating the changes and the leaving...

Be still and know that I am God.

Then there is the fact that we're moving out of our apartment at the end of this month, ie in 21 days, and thus everything must be sold or given away or packed by that day... In some ways selling everything is freeing... In some ways it's surreal and strange. Right now in that department I'm just going through the motions and looking forward to the future.

Be still and know that I am God.

I actually am really excited about the changes and what the future holds. In fact I had a dream where I was at a party with a ton of people I know, and those I will meet. It was fun. And yet then reality struck a bit and I realized that I'm sad for all that I am leaving behind. Normal, I know, but that's where I am... in a whirlwind of change and transition... Some of it is fun and I'm looking forward to.. but at the same time I feel a bit overwhelmed, in great need of One to lead me, and yet having a hard time just resting in His provision and walking by faith.



Changes Come
words: Bergquist/Detweiler
music: Bergquist
recording: Ohio
artist: Over the Rhine

Changes come
Turn my world around

I have my father's hand
I have my mother's tongue
I look for redemption in everyone

I wanna wear your ring
I have a song to sing
It ain't over babe
In fact it's just begun

Changes come
Turn my world around
Changes come
Bring the whole thing down

I wanna have our baby
Somedays I think that maybe
This ol' world's too fucked up
For any firstborn son

There is all this untouched beauty
The light the dark both running through me
Is there still redemption for anyone

Jesus come
Turn the world around
Lay my burden down
Turn this world around
Bring the whole thing down
Bring it down

No hay comentarios: