28 julio 2011

Para - what?


















:-S Sorry for the gross picture and reference... but after a few days of spending time with other missionaries who have lived overseas for a time, realizing that my digestive system wasn't getting any better, and sharing some of my symptoms with people who live or have lived in developing countries, and then consulting with a friend who is a doctor, I came to the conclusion that my worst fears had come true (ok, that's a little overly dramatic). I did most likely, in fact, have a parasite of some sort that I had gotten, I'm fairly sure from the Subway restaurant in India.

I won't go into detail about the symptoms, but I've begun a parasite cleanse that means 30 days of taking capsules and drops of a mixture of herbs to kill the alive ones, the eggs, and to kill the eggs that hatch into alive little guys. Yuck.

The first 2 days I felt like poop. But then it occurred to me that I was killing living beings inside me, so it was no wonder. Now I feel pretty good as long as I watch what I eat, or more the quantity. Oh, the joys of life sometimes.

No hay comentarios: