

So... I am presently in my old home of Lawrence, Kansas. I spent a few years here in between Sevilla, Spain, and Madrid, while I was on staff with CCC here at KU (University of Kansas). I have to say that Lawrence is a GREAT city and one of my favorite places. Part of it is sentimental, emotional and more about the memories and people than the actual place. That being said, here are some of the things I love most about Lawrence.
1 - Mass Street & downtown - part of what I love about it is it feels European to me with all the outside seating along the street, little cafes, great local food, a pretty large area that you can walk around and to, great art & art galleries, good coffee, good sushi, good mediterranean food,...
2 - You can still walk or ride a bike around town and it is somewhat normal
3 - The great hills to run or bike
4 - The million local coffeeshops, each with its own character and most with a GREAT soy cappichino
5 - KU - the campus is beautiful, the energy of a college campus, it's on a great hill, the great feel of a college town, memories,... KU basketball
6 - Signs of Life, Milton's, Wheatfield's
7 - Clinton Lake and the trails leading there and around there
8 - Great mountain bike trails & great memories both of flying off my bike and of not
9 - Grace EPC - a place & family that I love dearly - genuine community, great teaching - an amazing place
10 - there are a million more reasons Lawrence is great and the people I know and love there are definitely a huge part.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario