I had a day full of travel today. After four days of meetings in Barcelona, talking about ways to improve internal communication with the student ministries and some other national decisions, I headed back to Madrid today.
I woke up, had some coffee, talked a bit with a friend (with whom I stayed last night), jumped on the ferrocarril (a train), switched over to the metro 20 min later, walked to the bus station, bought a very gross sandwich (I think it was a couple days old - all the veggies on it were brown, soggy and gross. Unfortunately it wasn't until I was on the bus eating it that I found out this sad news.), got on the bus to the outside of Barcelona Ryanair airport (an hour+ outside of Barcelona), went through security, got on the plane, arrived to Madrid, got on a bus, got on the metro, and then finally walked home.
It was a long day and on the last stretch of the metro I saw a couple brief headlines on the metro news (on tv's at the platform where you wait). I only caught a couple words as I walked past them, but they were a bit disturbing - Barajas (the Madrid airport), Bin Laden, Monday,... (It also just happens that I have an entirely too active of an imagination, so I likely unconsciously embellished what I actually saw and made up my own story.)
When I got home I asked one of my roommates if she had heard anything and, yes, she had. It wasn't a bomb threat, as I thought I had heard, but instead one of Bin Laden's 17 or so kids asking for political asylum in Spain (after being denied it in both the UK and in France). Very strange and I'm not quite sure what to make out of it (which seems was also true of the Spanish government). Apparently, according to various sources, he was denied asylum. So, I'm not quite sure where that leaves him. Interesting. Strange. And a bit unsettling.
If you want to read the stories I found, here are some of them (the ones in english: nytimes, bbc.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario