I am amazed and overjoyed! One, my apartment is almost clean. This Friday I made a bunch of cookies for Saturday, which was the cookie making class I gave for our church's Christmas open house with storytelling and various themed classes. It was a whirlwind - one hour to make and decorate cookies in cooking show style (i.e. without an oven, things magically appearing, etc.,). After that I dashed off to a youth meeting to follow up the EJE conference we had a couple weeks ago and arrived back home around 11:30pm with my car poorly parked, knowing that I would later have to move it and find a legal spot (which I did around 1:30am). Suffice it to say, my house was a disaster. So, it's nice to have that mostly done. I LOVE when my house is clean!Two, last night a friend and I bought tickets to Mallorca for a couple days between New Year's and Kings' Day! Mallorca is one of the islands to the SE of Spain and somehow we found great tickets and a hotel that costs 65 Euros (for 3 days, the total). AND a good friend of mine is going to be in Paris for business and I found cheap tickets, so I finally get to go back to Paris for the weekend (which I'd been hoping to do this Christmas/New Year sometime).
Three, I've been listening to Handel's Messiah, which I love, and looking up the passages that go with each movement (although the lyrics are straight from the Bible) and enjoying reflecting on the meaning of Christmas.
Four, I was pleasantly awakened this morning at 5:30am to SNOW!!! It was beautiful!!! It has now pretty much melted and the rain that came latter didn't help, but it was nice for the few hours it lasted.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario