Okay... so, you're probably tired of hearing about my short hair drama. No new haircut today, but... I went out to lunch with some dear friend, one of whom cut my hair short six or so months ago, so I obviously had to style my hair to make it look good (I mean he is a hair stylist and DOES have opinions about hair). He and Juan are dear dear friends. They were in town and we went out to lunch with Juan's sister and my roommate Chery. And of course the first thing Juan said upon seeing me, is "Dawn, you cut your hair!" He said I looked beautiful, which he always says (bc he's a good friend). And then when we got in the car of course he said to Carlos (the hair stylist), did you notice Dawn's hair? A little later at lunch Juan brought up the subject again and said that he loved my new cut, that it looked a little funkier and more "dangerous." It made me laugh. Chery told them I want to grow it back out and both Carlos & Juan immediately said, "NO! You look way better with short hair." I said, "Well, it's just a matter of opinion. Some people like long hair and others short." They of course protested, but anyway... Who knows what the future of my hair holds, nor does it really matter. This is all craziness, but it is great to have two great guy friends who make me feel great both about how I look and cared for (as always, they treated us to lunch, which ALWAYS makes my day). Oh, how great it is to feel cared for and loved.
Seemingly random thoughts about life, beauty, nature, God, the human existence... Things that make me smile, that make me think…Things about which I'm passionate… Things that I'm thinking about, wrestling with...
08 noviembre 2010
the hair... good friends... good food... :-)
Okay... so, you're probably tired of hearing about my short hair drama. No new haircut today, but... I went out to lunch with some dear friend, one of whom cut my hair short six or so months ago, so I obviously had to style my hair to make it look good (I mean he is a hair stylist and DOES have opinions about hair). He and Juan are dear dear friends. They were in town and we went out to lunch with Juan's sister and my roommate Chery. And of course the first thing Juan said upon seeing me, is "Dawn, you cut your hair!" He said I looked beautiful, which he always says (bc he's a good friend). And then when we got in the car of course he said to Carlos (the hair stylist), did you notice Dawn's hair? A little later at lunch Juan brought up the subject again and said that he loved my new cut, that it looked a little funkier and more "dangerous." It made me laugh. Chery told them I want to grow it back out and both Carlos & Juan immediately said, "NO! You look way better with short hair." I said, "Well, it's just a matter of opinion. Some people like long hair and others short." They of course protested, but anyway... Who knows what the future of my hair holds, nor does it really matter. This is all craziness, but it is great to have two great guy friends who make me feel great both about how I look and cared for (as always, they treated us to lunch, which ALWAYS makes my day). Oh, how great it is to feel cared for and loved.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario