

So... I am generally fairly anti- medicine, go for the natural alternative. And generally that works quite well. Yet I have my exceptions. And one of them is Nyquil on occasion when my nose won't stop running and I can't seem to sleep, which has been the case the last two nights. So, I've taken two little green pills and off to zzzz land.It's not all that often that I'm sick, so somehow I conveniently forget that after one night of Nyquil the second night I wake up in the morning way out of it, in the Nyquil fog. That's what happened this morning. I woke up and thought, "I feel like I'm on something... Oh, yeah,... Nyquil..." And proceeded to forget every five seconds was doing in an effort to get ready and out the door. Fortunately, after about an hour of fogginess, it occurred to me that my friend mr. espresso might be exactly what I needed. Now, I've been fighting off this flu, now cold with OJ, an echinacea/ bee propolis/ thyme/ goldenseal tincture (3 dropfuls, 3x a day), and lots of rest, which has been working well. I haven't even needed to resort to the more costly "B complex" vials.
So, I made myself a yummy cafe con soja and went about my day, less foggy, a bit caffeinated. And yet later it occurred to me that many hours later I am still in the Nyquil fog. I no longer have any cold symptoms, my nose is no longer runny, but I am still in the Nyquil fog + coffee. It's not the worst of things, but I do wish there were a more natural, less side effect version. I'll have to work on that. And we'll see how tonight sans Nyquil goes. Or tomorrow may be another Nyquil meets coffee day until this cold completely goes away.
I might add, that YES I do know my body responds well to medicine, so I tend to take half the dosage. BUT that hasn't worked for Nyquil, at least not in the runny nose department, so I took both. There's got to be a better way. Forgetting what you're doing every five seconds and feeling out of it all day, just doesn't seem ideal. But then I guess I'd probably rather take this for a day or two instead of the nose like a hose and the red puffiness that results.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario