23 marzo 2008

Jesus is Risen! He is risen indeed!

It is tradition (more practical tradition than something cognitively thought through) that on easter, or around easter (generally on saturday or sunday afternoon) while my dad is reading in his rocking chair in the living room with a glass of wine for my dad to put on Handel's Messiah. As I said, it isn't a formal tradition. But it happens just about every year (at least in recent history). It is one of those fond memories that I have that I miss when I am far away from home.

And sometimes my dad whistles or sings along. Truth be told I do too. There are just parts of the Messiah that are so amazing and joyous you can't help it.

So, all this said, it is Easter. Jesus is risen! So as I wake up, drink my coffee, read a bit from the Bible and get ready for church, I am listening to Handel's Messiah and thinking both of Jesus' resurrection and my dad. Definitely happy thoughts! Have a great Easter!

Note: the picture is really a bit of Handel's Messiah. pretty cool I think. :-)

No hay comentarios: