19 enero 2010

I'm spending a few days with the 18 month old daughter of some friends while they are in London, so that they could get away just the two of them before they have their second kid. It's been extremely fun, as Ellia is just the most fun little 18 mos old around. She's so sweet, is constantly cracking me up, and constantly wanting me to hug her or pick her up. She's no longer a little baby, but as she babbles away in some unknown baby tongue and wants to watch everything (how I make coffee or oatmeal or lo que sea) she has grown up leaps and bounds over the last few months. I'm probably now sounding like a mom.

Well, I feel like today I didn't do much of anything. I did, but much "less" in terms of quantity as compared to a normal day. I got a few work things done and did a couple errands and a ton of phone calls, but my main activity today was just playing with Ellie. And yet I'm exhausted and have had no appetite whatsoever today. As for food, I made oatmeal for breakfast which I tried to eat but didn't make any sort of dent in it. Then for lunch I made a salad and some lentil soup. I ate a little more, but was still picking at a half full plate when dinner came around. Dinner I picked at leftovers from lunch and made some spaghetti, in fact enough for a small army, and could only get down a couple bites. I felt hungry when I made it all and it seemed like a good idea at the time, but my main consumption today has been water, some coffee, a tiny bit of tea, and a little red wine. Strange. And I still think it odd that Ellie has been extremely happy. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but it doesn't seem to have phased her yet that her parents are no where to be seen.

Other randomness from today is that Ellie seems to have a fascination with noses (which is the one body part she actually knows the name for, mouth is close behind), and thus also my nose ring, and tummies (which I'm guessing has to do with her mom being close to her third trimester), and thus belts. She is frightened by coffee grinders, the mail lady, and a water bottle they have filled with beans.

Well, I am going to read a bit and rest and probably hit the hay a bit earlier than normal, considering I'll likely be woken up earlier than I would generally hope.

No hay comentarios: