24 enero 2010














For reasons I won't go into here over the past few days I've been experiencing a mix of empathy, melancholiness, hopefulness, happiness, sadness, the works... Part of it has to do with me and part of it has to do with some difficult or messed up situations in the lives of people around me who I care and awful lot about but situations which I can do nothing about, not really. I can pray and listen, but God is the only one who can change their circumstances. And my heart aches for them.

So anyway... it's getting a little late here in Madrid and while I need to get to sleep, my mind is full of a million and one thoughts. So, in an effort to stop thinking so much and just let my mind rest (and as my calendar just happens to say :-) - to "Be silent and know that I AM"), I just put on a couple songs that I love and that remind me of the One who is faithful to hold me just where I am and to be Perfect, Stable, Infinite, Unending, Faithful, Just and full of Love, Compassion and Grace (just to begin). It's oh so good to be reminded of that and precisely what I need right now. So, here are the lyrics. Buenas noches!

"No Limit" - Enter the Worship Circle

Your love has no limit at all
Your love has no limit at all
Your love has no limit at all
It has no limit at all

You don't treat me like I deserve
You don't crush me heavy handed
You don't leave me alone in this world

'Cause your love has no limit at all
Your love has no limit at all
Your love has no limit at all
It has no limit at all

And you know how I was formed
When the wind blows out before
Like a flower after winter's storm

Your love has no limit at all
Your love has no limit at all
Your love has no limit at all
It has no limit at all

You don't treat me like I deserve
You don't crush me heavy handed
You don't leave me alone in this world


"Hold Me Near" - Enter the Worship Circle

Hold me near when I am restless
Hold me near when I am bitter
Hold me near when I'm rebellious
Hold me near until the end

Hold me near when my heart is broken
Hold me near when I'm in a wreck
Hold me near when I'm jealous
Hold me near until the end

But as for me, my feet almost gave out
I nearly sold my heart
It's good to be held by my father
It's good to be where you are


As I think about this, I thought of the night sky. Somehow the stars, the moon, nature has always reminded me of my finiteness and God's infiniteness and it helps me to feel secure and home. :-) It's actually not that often that I get to be under a dark night sky where you can see the infiniteness of the stars and sky, but I have memories. Fortunately my dad loves the night sky too. And I remember being woken up at wee hours of the morning growing up to see a meteor shower, a comet, or some other amazing reality of nature. :-) night.

Okay, one more song:

"Trees and Flowers"

//Make your sons the big oak trees
Your daughters, the flowers
Mother, daughter; father, son
Today we are one
Today we are one//

//How marvelous! How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be.
How marvelous! How wonderful
Is my Savior's love for me//

Make your sons the big oak trees
Your daughters, the flowers

No hay comentarios: