07 febrero 2008

Highlights from Nerja

I had the great privilege of spending last week in Nerja, Spain (southern Spain, a bit east of Málaga) for an ICS / STINT conference of CCC's International Campus Staff and interns. While I likely will write more either on my ministry webpage, in a newsletter, or here, I figured I might as well share some of my highlights and things I learned / am learning from that time.

Highlights

1 - Spending great time with some amazing and fun friends and colleagues from across Western Europe and other parts of the world.

2 - Having people to play some great games of ultimate, soccer/football, to go kayaking on the ocean for 3+ hours, and to play a game of settlers.

3 - Listening to Eric & Elizabeth share both from the Word of God and from their lives what it means to walk by faith, in gratitude, and in humility. The women also got some time alone with Elizabeth to hear about some of the crazy and supernatural stories of God's sovereignty in their lives and things that only seem to find a place in Hebrews 11 amongst the heroes of the faith. (Due to the sensitive nature of them, I can't really share them in full here, but would love to share more. I am truly in awe.)

4 - Hanging out with other Spain staff. Hanging out with the Toulouse team. Hanging out with other International Campus Staff.

5 - The amazing ocean and mountains, both in near sight from where we stayed.

6 - Great time with the Lord to reflect back upon this year thus far and with the loud sound of waves crashing in the background.

7 - Having some face-to-face conversations about the future of Madrid, Western Europe, Spain, etc., and about getting some more staff here.



Some of the things I learned / am learning as a result of that time

1 - Probably the number one thing that God seemed to be impressing upon me is that he is DELIGHTED by me and in me. Along with that that he loves me immensely and that he wants me to walk by faith independent of what results.

2 - I'm continuing to learn what it means to walk by faith and no by sight and without trying to put God in my box of how and when He needs to work. Yet again, I am also learning again to let go and not seek to "fix" or control things (which in actuality are very much out of my control).

3 - I also was reminded again of why I'm here, why I am passionate about others hearing the Gospel and growing in what it means to know and be awed by God. In this I am reminded of the great worth of the Gospel and how it has transformed me and transforms others.


These are really just some of the big brushstrokes, which when I have time I can flesh out a bit more.

No hay comentarios: