So, it is clear that God hears our prayers, that he knows the desires of our hearts, and in a way I very much do not understand that prayer changes things. Tonight (actually I think it was sunday night, 24 feb, when i started this post) as I planned my week and made some phone calls it occurred to me that the Lord is answering one of my prayers (and I'm sure that of many others for me). (Honestly, there have been many times (this year in particular, but also throughout my time in Spain - particularly in hard times) that I've had a sense that people are praying for me, that God has a hedge of protection around me, that I am not alone in the spiritual battle.)Specifically it looks like people helping out on campus is actually going to happen this semester! Pablín, a spanish guy from my church who did stuff with ágape (ccc) as a student, said that he can help me at least a couple days a week. And he knows a ton of university students both from the youth group at church (youth includes high school up to about mid-twenties or thirties) and from just being a spanish guy. Along with Pablín, there are two mid-twenties couples who recently arrived from the states with another missions organization (mtw) who are almost fully at my disposal (minus their time in language classes). amazing!
today the two couples and i went on campus. after we talked a bit and prayed we went to do surveys and i was definitely a bit giddy and overjoyed. overnight i went from being one to being six people. it was so nice to just have company. (i'm by no means saying this year has been all bad, because it has actually been a great year, but i do miss going with others and knowing that there are others there doing the same thing i am. that's all i'm saying.)
so, thanks for the prayers and keep it up! my hope it that very soon there would be a full-time staff team of pablíns and pablinas (spaniards) working with me on the various madrid campuses.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario