On my birthdays he has sent flowers... And he always tells me how proud he is of me, how beautiful I am, how much he loves me,... He often gets choked up with how proud he is of what I'm doing with my life... And he always tells me how great my newsletters are, my ministry webpage is, or just about everything I do. Since I was little he has told me how excited he was that I was born, how special I am to him being his first born, how much he hoped that I'd be a little girl before I was born,...
He is my dad who has always been quick to give me a hug, a kiss, to let me sit in his lap, to tell me how much he loves me. No, my dad isn't perfect, but it is clear that he thinks the world of me because I am his daughter. So, here is the hallmark card he sent (yes, it's definitely sentimental; yes, it's super sweet; and even though it's a pre-made card, they could be easily his words):
"When I look at the woman you've become and remember the little girl you were, I realize how many years have passed and how much things have changed. And although we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like, I can't help but be proud of the life you've created for yourself. You grew up to be your own person and went off into the world with so many hopes and dreams. You've matured into a thoughtful, caring woman while still holding on to your sense of wonder and fun.
You are the daughter every mother [and Dad] wishes for. And even though some things have changed, other things haven't changed a bit. I still want nothing but the best for you, just like I always have... And I still love you more, much more than you could possibly imagine [- well, that's not true... you can imagine infinity... and that\s how much we love you!]
Happy Valentine's Day
Love, Mom and Dad
[* Infinity is a measure of a parent's love for their kids. After you've given all the love you think there is, you find that there's an equal amount of love left to give! Love you bunches!]"
And the card is full of hand drawn hearts and the added words my dad put in. My dear, sweet parents!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario