29 octubre 2008

Faith is...

I have been realizing this week in particular that I have been lacking in faith as of late. I have been loosing sight of the One who I have placed my faith in - that He is POWERFUL and MIGHTY, that He is able to do the IMPOSSIBLE, that He is able to MOVE mountains, to CREATE out of nothing, to DO exactly what I fear most. He is the AUTHOR, the PERFECTER, the BEGINNING and the END. He is GOD and MAN. HE is Lord of lords, King of kings.

Instead of fixing my eyes on HIS ability, I have been focused on my inability to sway the hand of man, my inability to know what will happen, to do things perfectly so that people will listen, have interest, come,... you name it. I have begun to replay all the things that have gone badly this past year, even if they are minute details and not the big things nor the million other details that went well. I have forgotten all that the Lord HAS done and how again and again he has reminded of his presence with me and his infinite, intimate, passionate love for me and for the world. These details are what remind me that it makes complete sense to believe the IMPOSSIBLE to BE POSSIBLE and for God to intercede on my behalf and on behalf of the thousands of students and people in this town, on campus, and in this country, this country that I have grown to love and for which my heart often aches immensely.

Forgive me, Lord, for my unbelief. Help me to see things through YOUR eyes, help me to see things through eyes of faith. Help me to be certain of things unseen and to be sure of that which I hope for, certain and sure NOT because I am able nor because I wish for something hard enough BUT because my faith is placed in a MIGHTY and GRACIOUS and LOVING God who came to earth, dwelt among us, lived, died, and rose again, all this so that we could be FREE and that God would be glorified. Praise you, Lord! Amen.

No hay comentarios: