Recently I've been praying through a prayer in "the Valley of Vision" (prayers of the puritans, which are really profound and rich with lots to meditate upon) both when I wake up and when I go to sleep and whenever I need to quiet my heart and think on Jesus. I've also begun to write out a Psalm in the morning to help put myself in a prayerful frame of mind, to have something to meditate upon during my day, and to help bring myself into a place where I can really hear from the Lord as I pray and study the Bible. It's really been helpful. And, after beginning to read "Praying Backwards" by Bryan Chapell, it was nice in a (misery loves company way) to know that I am not alone in needing to reframe my thoughts and quiet my heart a times. Chapell shared that during a time when he had a lot on his mind, things to do, concerns, etc., he began to pray the Lord's Prayer (found in the Bible) whenever his mind needed to be refocused, or when he needed to remind himself of God's presence and might. He said that after a little while it became a very rich time of prayer because the words actually began to take root and change him. And I think praying the prayers of the saints of old (normal people who walked with Jesus) and meditating on the Psalms slowly is changing me as well. I want to be still and know that the Lord alone is God. I want to rejoice in Him and desire above all else that His name be glorified. For He and He alone is the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Creator of all things, the Lord God Almighty, the Holy One, my King, the One who loves me and who died for me, Jesus. Praise be the Lord!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario