
So... It has been quite awhile since I last blogged, probably in part to my lack of extra time, to the fact that I've been running and going to the gym in most of my free time. I'm not sure when it will be that life slows down and I begin to blog again, but right now as I am sitting on a friend's couch in barcelona and enjoying a more relaxing day, in between a conference & then some meetings and my return to madrid, I'm finding a few seconds to surf the web, catch up a bit on other people's lives (thanks to facebook and the www) and just enjoy being.
My friends, Marc and Eva are taking a siesta and showering, respectively, and I am OVERJOYED that they are kind enough to humor me in going out to an Ethiopian restaurant tonight here in Barcelona, one I've actually been wanting to go to for about a year and a half (at least). I don't actually know much about it, but it is the only one I've been able to find in Spain (although today I think I may have found one in Madrid as well). My friends were in Ethiopia this summer (they also work with Ágape, CCC) and didn't much care for the food. I've never actually been to Ethiopia, but never had any Ethiopian food I didn't like. I actually crave it. Last summer I passed through Atlanta, Georgia, on the way back to Missouri from Florida and stumbled upon an Ethiopian restaurant, which I felt like had dropped from heaven just for me. Actually I stumbled upon all kinds of gems on that trip home, all of which it seemed like the Lord sweetly placed along my path.
So I'm enjoying a somewhat calm day (although we're all three exhausted after having spent a few days in the same room as a one-year old who seemed to wake up a million times during the night screaming. suffice to say we got little sleep too.) and am extremely thankful for some hopefully delicious food tonight. :-)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario