12 mayo 2009

early morning reflections

Here are a few excerpts from "The Valley of Vision" that I read this morning as well as some great passages of Scripture and some brief reflections. It was a sweet time with the Lord, so thought I'd share some of it:

"...Though my sins rise to heaven thy merits soar above them;
Though unrighteousness weighs me down to hell,
thy righteousness exalts me to thy throne.
All things in me call for my rejection,
All things in thee plead my acceptance.
I appeal from the throne of perfect justice
to thy throne of boundless grace...

Grant me to hear thy voice assuring me:
that by thy stripes I am healed,
that thou wast bruised for my iniquities,
that thou hast been made sin for me,
that I might be righteous in thee,
that my grievous sins, my manifold sins,
are all forgiven,
buried in the ocean of thy concealing blood.

I am guilty, but pardoned,
lost, but saved,
wandering, but found,
sinning, but cleansed.

Give me perpetual broken-heartedness,
Keep me always clinging to thy cross,
Flood me every moment with descending grace,
Open to me the springs of divine knowledge,
sparkling like crystal,
flowing clear and unsullied
through my wilderness of life." Amen.

-- excerpt from "The Broken Heart" from Valley of Vision

"...My sin is that my heart is pleased or troubled as things please or trouble me, without my having a regard to Christ;

Thus, I am like Eli, the subject of punishment for not rebuking sin; whereas I should humbly confess my sin and fly to the blood for pardon and peace.

Give me, then, repentance, true brokenness, lasting contrition, for these things thou wilt not despise in spite of my sins."

-- excerpt from "Passion" from Valley of Vision

Filipenses 3:7-11, "... Pero todo eso, que antes era muy valioso para mí, ahora, a causa de Cristo, lo tengo por algo sin valor. Aún más, a NADA concedo valor cuando lo comparo con el bien supremo de conocer a Cristo Jesus, mi Señor. Por causa de Cristo lo he perdido todo, y todo lo considero basura a cambio de ganarlo a él y encontrarme unido a él; no por una justicia propia basada en la obedencia a la ley, sino por la fe en Cristo, por lo cual Dios me hace justo. Lo que quiero es conocer a Cristo, sentir en mi el poder de su resurrección, tomar parte en sus sufrimientos y llegar a ser como él en su muerte, con la esperanza de alcanzar la resurrección de los muertos."

Philippians 3:7-11, "But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead."

Salmo/Psalm 27

Lucás/Luke 10:36-37, 41-42

Mateo/Matthew 11:28-30
Juan/John 6:33-40
Jeremías/Jeremiah 6.16

I don't have time to write more now, so I may edit it later, but here are the other passages I looked at (minus my reflections). Enjoy! :-)

No hay comentarios: