"Every day in the United States of America over 4,000 American citizens are silenced against their wills. They have their voices permanently silenced and they never get the opportunity to speak on behalf of themselves. Today we stand in silent solidarity with those who have been silenced. Today we are silent, but by doing this we are being a voice for the one-third of our generation that will never have a voice. These victims are not only being silenced; they are being killed. The victims we stand on behalf of are not going to be mentioned on the news. The victims we stand on behalf of will not have a funeral. The victims we stand on behalf of were ripped from the safety and warmth of their mothers’ wombs. The victims we stand on behalf of were not blobs of tissue, but beautiful human persons, with hearts that beat, brains that gave out brain waves, and a soul. These are the victims of the abortion holocaust. Every day over 4,000 babies have their lives ended in the name of choice. Since January 22, 1973, over 46 million babies have died. The time is now to stand on behalf of these innocent victims. Visit www.standtrue.com to find out how to be a voice." (taken from http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepsi11295/2965600342/in/photostream/)I just saw this as I was surfing the net and thought it deserved to be posted. Over the past few months I continue to meet women (seemingly randomly) who have had abortions and recount horrible, horrible memories and emotional scars that result. And then to hear a friend of mine, a social worker, talk about some of the things she has been told by people who work for abortion clinics here in Spain in terms of what they can do to "get rid of" any unwanted baby even up very close to the due date - horrible things about chemicals, centrifuges, unspeakable things - all paid for by the government. As I say this, I don't mean to be condemning. I think abortion is a horrible, horrible thing and yet I don't think people who have abortions are beyond God's mercy and grace. People who have abortions are not any worse than anyone else. We all desperately need God's grace and I have friends who have taken (or are still taking) years to allow the Lord to help them to forgive themselves. It is sad how the church desires to be an agent of reconciliation and restoration and yet often times people expect us to reject them. Oh Lord, have mercy on us, and help us to love as you love people.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario