10 mayo 2009

hoy - la carrera de la mujer

Today I ran the woman's 6km (3.6mi) for breast cancer with my friend Maria, one of the best Spanish runners alive, an Olympic champion, and my friend. It was a fun run, pretty relaxed with 15,000 other women through Madrid's retiro park. And it was exhilarating, running with her, even if we didn't set any world records, just to be running with someone of her caliber.

Maria has been recovering from mononucleosis and thus can't exert herself nor train the way she usually does and I think she enjoyed just running for fun, without the pressure of competing. Usually she wins this race with 3min kilometers, or 5min miles. This year we ran well, but ran a comfortable pace where we talked the whole way. It was me, Maria and Mari Ángeles.

It makes me remember how much I love to run. :-) So, who knows, maybe another marathon or half-marathon isn't too far away. :-)

No hay comentarios: